Yellow 2016 Speaker Sessions
Each Speaker Video Packet comes with all 9 speaker sessions (over 7 hours worth of content), and a "Speaker Video Program" with speaker bios and printable notes.
Watch the preview video below:
Session 1: When We Wake Up
Jessica Ekstrom / CEO, HEADBANDS OF HOPE
It's not about what we do when we dream, it's about what we do when we wake up. We can't stop at the vision or the idea, we need to create an implementation plan. In this program, you'll learn Jessica's story and her rude awakening when she stopped at the idea and the concept. Viewers will learn what to do after after their moment of inspiration and how to implement it into the workplace.
- Finding inspiration by thinking like an entrepreneur
- What to do after your moment of inspiration
- How to hold yourself accountable for your ideas
Session 2: In A Sea of Same, Weird Wins
CJ Casciotta / FOUNDER, SOUNDS LIKE A MOVEMENT
There's something different about us... and it matters. What if our weirdness was the key to changing everything? What if the outrageous, imaginative, crazy ideas that live inside our wildest dreams are actually there on purpose to help others? Learn how to own your "weird" and form a movement around your ideas.
- How crazy thoughts from the minds of weird people go from ideas to movements.
- How to own your "weird" and form a movement around your ideas
- What it takes to craft, articulate and share your ideas, no matter how crazy they might seem!
Session 3: Learning to Live Thoughtfully
Kirsten Dickerson / CEO, RAVEN + LILY
- How to slow down, breathe and enjoy the things that truly matter in your life
- How to make choices that impact the world around you for good
- How to make intentional decisions and design your work around your life rather than life around your work
Session 4: Being A Working Mom & Transitioning Back to Work
Jessica Hische / LETTERER, ILLUSTRATOR, & TYPE DESIGNER
- What it looks like for women to best transition back to the workplace vs. men
- How to keep your mental sanity when balancing work and motherhood
- What it looks like for women to come together and lift each other up
Session 5: Uncovering The Products of Your Calling
Jedidiah Jenkins / WRITER, EXECUTIVE EDITOR OF WILDERNESS MAGAZINE
Jedidiah tells his life story, of traveling on his bike from Oregon to Patagonia, of setting goals and living out your dreams, the seasons of life and how to embrace their differences.
- How to get past the impostor syndrome and lean into your strengths
- How to be ok with the difference seasons of life and letting go of the labels and titles placed upon you
- The difference between goals and dreams
Session 6: The Crossroads of Should and Must
Elle Luna / DESIGNER, PAINTER, AND WRITER
“How can I find and follow my true calling?” Elle Luna frames this moment as “standing at the crossroads of Should and Must.” “Should” is what we feel we ought to be doing, or what is expected of us. “Must” is the thing we dream of doing, our heart’s desire. Elle talks about the difference between these two ideas and how to get past our "shoulds", moving on to living within our "musts" .
- The difference between jobs, careers, and callings
- The difference between going to work and becoming one with your work
- Why knowing what you want is often the hardest part
Session 7: Values Based Leadership
Krysta Masciale / CEO, B!G DEAL BRANDING
Why operating within your values as an individual and leader is the sure-fire way to originality and impact.
- How to own your brand strengths and values and stand in your uniqueness
- Determining your values and structuring your work around them
- How to build a value based brand that has impact and sustainability
Session 8: Seven Steps to an Awesome Life
Tim Harris | FOUNDER OF TIM’S BIG HEART FOUNDATION, ENTREPRENEUR & DISABILITY ADVOCATE
Tim Harris is a person born with down syndrome and speaks on living life to the fullest, and the seven steps he integrates into his daily life and how he stays so positive.
- Seven practical ways to live life with passion and heart
- If you are interested in hiring someone with special needs, what steps to take
- How to live with gratefulness and positivity
Session 9: Leading with Passion: Trailblazing in the 21st Century
Alexis Jones / WRITER. SPEAKER. ACTIVIST.
Alexis shares her revelations on what it takes to be a young, social entrepreneur pursuing her passion and creating her dream company, i am that girl. Using her proven checklist, Alexis shares her secrets of success with all challenges and triumphs she’s encountered along the way. She is after all, “a dreamer, but not the only one.”
- Identify the most powerful characteristics essential to positively embracing change
- Learn why expanding your definition of beauty is one of the most important things you’ll ever do
- Why changing the world means first looking within yourself